One of the great challenges you face as a Leader is setting your people up to succeed, especially when you know that all too often the people in your team are failing.
Come on, I know we’d like to push the blame off on someone else… However, I believe the issue always falls back on leadership. For that reason I want to give you a simple 7 step system for moving yourself and your team from perpetual failure to consistent success.
How many times have you heard someone you know say: (insert whinny voice here) “I’d like to… but”, “I want to”, “I’m Gunna”, “I’ll try”? These are all language patterns that set you put you up for failure.
If you want consistent success you must…
- First: Decide (root word dēcīsiō literally, a cutting off), meaning that there is no other option.
- Second: Find a Guide, a Coach or preferably a Mentor (yes there is a difference) Someone who can not only guide you, but more importantly someone who can and will hold your feet to the fire if you are going off track.
- Third: Set time lines and measure results. This way you can see if you are getting progress and what’s more if what you were getting results with is still giving you results you desire. (tweak rather than change tracks)
- Forth: Be consistent! One of the greatest failing of our society is the desire for instant gratification…So be consistent and be patient, there is no such thing as an over night success.
- Fifth: Environment! Put yourself in an environment that supports you reaching your goals. To often people fail because the people they surround themselves with don’t get “it” (whatever it is you are going for)
- Sixth: Embrace failure, understand that failure is nothing more than feedback as to how Not to do it.
- Seventh: Celebrate every little success along the way! We are societally trained to play our success’ down. However, you get more of whatever you reinforce. So reenforce every little success.
I trust that you found this article valuable, if so feel free to send this to your friends. I eagerly anticipate your feedback and comments. Please “like,” “share”, and comment below!
Stay curious my fiend, stay curious…
Dõv Baron Speaks internationally on leadership in the new economy. He is the Leading expert on Authentic Leadership and is the world’s Only Corporate Cultural Strategist.
He is also a bestselling author, and Executive producer and host of The wildly popular internationally broadcast Full Monty Leadership Show featuring those at the cutting edge of leadership.
As an Elite Mind Strategist he specializes in the Psychology of High Performance Leadership and can move you and your organization from where you are to where you want to be at hyper speed.
To bring Dov in to speak to your group or organization please contact Baron Mastery at +1 778 397 7717
P.S. Have you heard The Full Monty Leadership Show yet? The Very Best in Personal and Professional Leadership. Dov is the Host and Executive producer every Thursday Morning from 10:00 AM (PST) 1:00PM (EST) Details are at: http://FullMontyRadio.com
All contents of this blog and articles herein fall under full copyright law and are the soul intellectual property of Dov Baron and Authentic Paragon Alliance INC